- National Grid Report: Zero Carbon Operation 2025 says:
“we can operate it safely and securely at zero carbon”.
- Scottish Energy Statistics database
- Scottish Government Climate Change policy,– a series of links to more specific policy areas, such as climate change adaptation.
- Climate Change (Emissions Reductions Targets) (Scotland) Act 2019 : This Act provides the legislative framework for action to tackle climate change in Scotland – it received Royal Assent on 31 Oct 2019 and sets a legally binding ‘net zero’ target of 2045, with a 75% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 compared with 1990 levels. This means that Scotland now has the most stringent statutory targets on climate change in the world.
- Programme for Government 2019-20 (September 2019): Chapter 1 (Ending Scotland’s contribution to climate change) sets out the list of actions that the Government will take over the coming year and beyond to tackle climate change.
Recent media articles
- Renewable energy to expand by 50% in next five years – report
- Dec 2018 : wind output in Scotland has broken through the 100% threshold for the first time with 109% of total electricity demand being met from renewables. 20 out of 30 days wind production outstripped demand.
- Technology is rapidly developing to predict wind and maximise output
- A report from the EC says 12bn euro goes to support fossil fuels, and 8.3bn euro on renewables.